Sunday, 11 September 2022

Good Shepherd Convent (Colombo)

Good Shepherd Convent (Sinhala: යහපත් එඬේරාගේ කන්‍යාරාමය, කොළඹ) a semi-government Catholic girls' school located at No. 6 on Bonjean Rd in Kotahena in Colombo District, Sri Lanka.

History
Established on 1 May 1869, the school began functioning with just 8 students and Sister Mary of the Seven Dolours Joly was the first principal (Welandawe & Weerasinghe, 2016). The site of the school chapel was blessed on 21 June 1869 and its construction works were left in the hands of Father Stanislaus Tabarrani (Welandawe & Weerasinghe, 2016).

Facilities
At present, the school has common facilities such as classrooms, an auditorium, libraries, ICT and science laboratories, basketball and netball courts, and gyms. Classes are conducted for girl students from grade 1 to grade 13

References
1) Welandawe, H., Weerasinghe, J., 2016. Urban Heritage in the Western Region Megapolis Planning Project. p.108.
 
Location Map
This page was last updated on 11 September 2022

0 comments:

Post a Comment